In the most cases the passengers have to spend a lot of time in the airport waiting for their planes to arrive and departure. The time of waiting sometimes gets longer as the flights are often delayed or canceled. Some major airports offer their passengers to take part in some amusing or useful activities instead of boring reading the newspapers and endless drinking coffee.
- Casino. Frankfurt Airport in Germany is open around the clock. One may try his fortune either at the card playing table or at the roulette stand. Each visitor needs to have the return ticket.
- Wedding chapel in Airport Schiphol in the Netherlands offers four various programs for those who are eager to marry right in the airport. The “Say & Go” variant includes the wedding trip and the one called “Fly Away to Yesterday” includes the rent of the retro plane.
- Oceanarium in Vancouver International Airport in Canada provides the unique opportunity to see more than 850 kinds of the sea creatures. One of the aquariums exhibits the Moon jellyfishes which glow in the dark.
- Spa center in Vantaa Airport in Finland takes more than 600 square kilometers and offers the passengers to relax in its massage salons, saunas and the large water pool with the thermal water. For the ones who are in a hurry there are the short procedures which don’t last longer than 40 minutes.
- Ice rink in Incheon Airport in Korea is called “The Snow Forest”. The high-quality artificial ice provides the opportunity to skate round the year. All the necessary equipment is included in the cost of the ticket which doesn’t exceed 3,5 USD. The Snow Forest is open every day from 10 a. m. to 8 p. m.
- The Church of Saint George is situated in the underground skip of Heathrow airport in London. The Anglican and Catholic services are carried out daily and each Friday the Muslim service is being held.